- This event has passed.
2021 Commercial Symposium: Appraising Unique and Special Purpose Properties
December 3, 2021 @ 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
This annual event returns as a half-day morning virtual program in 2021!
Just what are unique and special purpose properties?
Special Purpose Property: A property with a unique physical design, special construction materials, or a layout that particularly adapts its utility to the use for which it was built.
– The Dictionary of Real Estate Appraisal
- Business Appraisal 101: How to Avoid Stepping in it When Appraising Properties with Unusual Improvements
- Senior Living Update and Market Outlook
- It’s All About the Data: How to Tell the Good from the Bad in Climate Projections
- The Cannabis Condundrum: and Capital Solutions: It’s Not All a Cash Business
- Ricardo A. Goñi, Principal, Desmond, Marcello & Amster
- Cynthia Le, Advisor – Senior Living Specialist, Colliers
- Ryan Vaughn, PhD, Climate Analytics, Jupiter Intelligence
- Chris Baumann, Senior Vice President, Socotra Capital
A Special Note about Registering
- Never attended an Appraisal Institute offering or not yet updated your password / log-in since October 1, 2019? Follow these simple steps before registering.
- Those seeking credit from states outside of California are strongly encouraged to check directly with their state licensing board(s) to confirm that the specific state(s) will (1) accept virtual classroom education, (2) accepts education from an out-of-state provider and/or (3) offers reciprocal credit if the offering is approved by the CA BREA. Some states may have pre-approval or reporting requirements that the chapter cannot comply with.
- This virtual offering is being submitted for 4-hours of Appraisal Institute, CA BREA CEC and SBE Training Credit (for assessors).
- Instruction will be held via ZOOM and is based on the “live” classroom version that falls under the temporary exemption for virtual classroom education due to COVID
- It is the student’s responsibility to have the required equipment: dependable Internet access, computer, webcam, speakers and microphone, agrees to that attendance will be recorded / monitored, to forward their photo ID to the Chapter Office in advance and to receive education emails from the Northern California Chapter.
Sponsorship Opportunities Available – Learn More
All Sponsorship Levels include Complimentary Attendance with CEC!
BEST VALUE RATE!: Register by November 5 – Save up to $70
Appraisal Institute Designated Members, Candidates and Affiliates – $95
Standard / Non-AI Professionals – $115
Register by November 19
Appraisal Institute Designated Members, Candidates and Affiliates – $115
Standard / Non-AI Professionals – $140
Register after November 19
Appraisal Institute Designated Members, Candidates and Affiliates – $135
Standard / Non-AI Professionals – $165