- This event has passed.
2022 Monterey Bay Appraisal Seminar (MBAS)
The ZOOM link was sent around 3:10pm (Pacific Time) on Tuesday, July 12 to all registrants who provided their Photo IDs. If you registered and provided your Photo ID but did not receive the link, please be sure to check your spam / junk files.
It’s BACK! Our 2021 debut offering of the revival of this long-standing networking and educational event was a HUGE success. Don’t miss our 2022 Monterey Bay Appraisal Seminar. Our 7-hour synchronous (formerly called virtual classroom) format makes it easy to attend from anywhere – no commute, no parking fees . . . no hassles!
The Monterey Bay Appraisal Seminar (MBAS) originated in 1960 as a joint offering sponsored by the Society of Real Estate Appraisers (SREA), The American Society of Appraisers (ASA) and The American Right of way Association (ARWA). After a hiatus of several years, the Northern California Chapter of the Appraisal Institute is proud to revitalize this iconic, long-standing education and networking event.
Opening Keynote: “California Housing Market and Outlook”
Dr. Gerd Welke
Executive Director of the Real Estate Research Council and Professor of Real Estate Analytics at Cal Poly Pomona
2022 Topics include:
What’s New? Policy Clarifications
Appraisal Compliance Review: Just What are Reviewers Really Looking For?
SB 9: Residential Appraising in California Just Became a Lot More Complicated!
Cost Approach: Best Practices for Marshall & Swift
Dawn Molitor-Gennrich, SRA, AI-RRS, Principal, Molitor-Gennrich Consulting, Inc.
John Hibbard, Principal, The Meridian Valuation Group
Denis DeSaix, MAI, SRA, Principal, MetroCal Appraisal
Darwin Ernst, SRA, AI-RRS, Assistant VP, Commercial Appraisal Job Manager, Homestreet Bank
Lyle Radke, Senior Director of Collateral Policy, Fannie Mae
Edward Martinez, Principal, Industry Solutions, Corelogic
While had hoped to “go LIVE” this year with the MBAS, we will have to wait until 2023 to hold this seminar in-person in the scenic Monterey Bay area. However, our 2022 MBAS will include post-conference “live” networking in several easily accessible venues throughout the Monterey Bay Area and beyond. Meet up in-person with your peers and spread good cheer!
- East Bay Branch Chapter – Temescal Brewing (Oakland) – Get the Details
- Monterey Bay Branch Chapter – Salt Wood Kitchen & Oysterette (Marina) – Get the Details
Special Notes About Registering:
- It is the student’s responsibility to have the required equipment – dependable Internet access, computer, webcam and microphone, agrees that attendance will be monitored and to forward their Photo ID/ Driver’s License to the Chapter Office upon completing your online registration.
- Those seeking credit from states outside of California are strongly encouraged to check directly with their state licensing board(s) to confirm that the specific state(s) will (1) accept synchronous (formerly known as “virtual” classroom) education, (2) accepts synchronous (formerly known as “virtual” classroom) education from an out-of-state provider and/or (3) offers reciprocal credit if the offering is approved by the CA BREA before registering. Some states may have special reporting requirements that the chapter is not able to comply with. Note: We are hearing that more and more states are now accepting reciprocal credit; Washington, Alaska, Hawaii and Idaho may be among them; there could be others.
- This offering is approved for 35-points of AI CEC and 7-hours of CA SBE Training Credit (for assessors); an application for 7-hours of CA BREA CEC has been submitted.
- Instruction will be held via Interactive Technology (ZOOM) and is based on the “live” classroom version that falls under the requirements for synchronous education as outlined by ASC/AQB, BREA, AI and SBE.
Still Time to Register!
Appraisal Institute Designated Members, Candidates and Affiliates – $95
Standard / Non-AI Professionals – $125
Become a MBAS Sponsor – Learn more
Sponsorship starts at just $125 and every level includes complimentary admission