- This event has passed.
2023 Lake Tahoe Conference
September 28 - September 29
The conference evaluation form and links to available speaker presentations will be emailed to attendees by Friday, October 6. We thank you in advance for taking the time to share your feedback. Note: Not all speakers are able to share their information publicly.
This signature conference provides 1- or 2- days of education and networking in beautiful South Lake Tahoe! Our 2022 LTC drew a record number of attendees from near and far! This event is known for timely topics, terrific networking and a geographic setting like no other.
Earn up to 14-hours of CEC if attending both days or 7-hours for just one day! Our 2023 Lake Tahoe Conference is approved for Appraisal Institute CEC 70 points if attending both days (or 35 points per day). Also approved for California BREA, Nevada NRED, Oregon ACLB and California State Board of Equalization (SBE) for 14-hours of CEC if attending both days (or 7-hours per day). Some states including Hawaii, Washington, Idaho and Alaska may offer reciprocal credit. ASA, ASFMRA and IRWA also generally offer reciprocal credit for Appraisal Institute offerings. Check with your state board and/or organization(s) directly before registering. NOTE: SBE no longer issues / requires CAR numbers.
BONUS: This year’s conference includes a tour of the new Tahoe Blue Center (So. Lake Tahoe Conference Center) on Day 1.
Day 1 – Thursday, September 28
Environmental Contamination: From Bikini Nuclear Test Sites to PFOS
Large Scale Conservation and the Essential Role of Appraisals
Northern California and Northern Nevada Single Family Housing Market Update
South Lake Tahoe’s Commercial RE Market
Tour of the Tahoe Blue Event Center
Day 2 – Friday, September 29
Navigating California’s Surplus Lands Act
Ask the Experts: Affordable Housing and Surplus Lands Act
Timberland Valuation: Understanding the Mechanics
The Larger Parcel Concept & Its Three (3) Tests: Unity of Ownership, Contiguity, and Unity of Use
– Randall Bell, PhD, MBA. MAI, Landmark Research Group, LLC
– Dave Sutton, California Land Conservation Director, Trust for Public Land
– Christopher A. Bell, MAI, Appraisal Associates
– Benjamin Q. Johnson, MAI, Johnson Valuation Group Ltd.
– Dean Wehrli, Principal, John Burns Real Estate Consulting
– Todd Poth, Director of Sales, Tahoe South Event Center
– Brad Weinberg, MAI, CVA, CRE, CSPO, Partner, Novogradac & Company LLP
– Krista Castro, Senior Analyst, Integra Realty Resources
– Ellis F. Raskin, Senior Counsel, Hanson Bridgett LLP
– Sam Romanaggi, MAI, Romanaggi Valuation Services, LLC.
– James T. Green MAI, SRA, R/W-AC, Appraisal & Valuation Services Office (AVSO)
– Andrea Sylvester, MAI, Appraisal & Valuation Services Office (AVSO)
Make it a Get-Away! Need Onsite Accommodations?
Guest rooms may be available at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino (recently renamed Golden Nugget Hotel and Casino). Availability is limited. Don’t Delay – call 1-844-588-ROCK (7625) to make reservations and inquire about best value or discounted rates.
Become a Conference Sponsor – Learn more
– All sponsorship levels except the NorCal level, include complimentary conference registration for those seeking CEC!
– It’s a WIN-WIN!
2023 Lake Tahoe Sponsors
LIA Liability Administrators and Insurance Services
MacLane and Company