- This event has passed.
2023 Monterey Bay Appraisal Seminar (MBAS)
July 14 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
The ZOOM link was sent to all confirmed registrants around 10:40 am (Pacific Time) on Wednesday, July 12. The link was ONLY sent to those who provided their Photo IDs in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org. Registrants should check all of their email accounts as well as spam/junk folders for this important information.
It’s BACK! Our 2021 and 2022 offerings of the revival of this long-standing networking and educational event were a HUGE success. Don’t miss our 2023 Monterey Bay Appraisal Seminar. This 7-hour synchronous (formerly called virtual classroom) format via ZOOM makes it easy to attend from anywhere – no commute, no parking fees . . . no hassles!
The Monterey Bay Appraisal Seminar (MBAS) originated in 1960 as a joint offering sponsored by the Society of Real Estate Appraisers (SREA), The American Society of Appraisers (ASA) and The American Right of Way Association (ARWA). After a hiatus of several years, in 2021 the Northern California Chapter of the Appraisal Institute proudly revitalized this iconic, long-standing education and networking event.
Fannie Mae: Modernizing the Appraisal Process
– Lyle Radke, Senior Director of Collateral Policy for Fannie Mae
Water Issues on the Monterey Peninsula
Hot Topics for Appraisers: How Do We Stay on Top of ALL of Them?
Appraisal Compliance Review: Perspectives from Chief Reviewers
– Kathleen Fahey Poulton, SRA, AI-RRS, Senior Director, Deputy Chief Appraiser, Residential Division, Fremont Bank
– Denis DeSaix, MAI, SRA, Principal, Metrocal Appraisal
– John Hibbard, Principal, The Meridian Valuation Group
– Robert Melfe, AG Appraisal Manager, Rabo Diversified Services
– Ray March, Author of “River in Ruin” A Story of Water on the Monterey Peninsula
– David Stoldt, General Manager, Monterey Peninsula Water District
– Tim Anderson, MAI, The Appraiser’s Advocate
– Tinna Morlatt, SRA, Supervising Real Property Appraiser / Investigator, California Bureau of Real Estate Appraisers
A Special Note About Registering:
- Never attended an Appraisal Institute Offering or not yet updated your password / log-in since October 1, 2019 – follow these simple steps before registering.
- Those seeking credit from states outside of California are strongly encouraged to check directly with their state licensing board(s) to confirm that the specific state(s) will (1) accept synchronous (formerly virtual / classroom education), (2) accepts education from an out-of-state provider and/or (3) offers reciprocal credit if the offering is approved by the CA BREA.
- This synchronous program is approved for 35 points of Appraisal Institute CEC, 7-hours of BREA CEC (#23CP754601541) and 7-hours of State Board of Equalization (SBE) Training Credit (CAR #102457) for assessors.
- Instruction will be held via Interactive Technology (ZOOM) and is based on a the “live” classroom version that falls under the requirements for synchronous education
- It is the student’s responsibility to have the required equipment – dependable Internet access, computer, webcam and microphone, agrees that attendance will be monitored and to forward their Photo ID/ Driver’s License to the Chapter Office upon completing your online registration.
Become a MBAS Sponsor – All levels include complimentary attendance
– Bradford Technologies
– Laval and Associates
– Carlson Appraisal
Still Time to Join Us
Appraisal Institute Designated Members, Candidates and Affiliates – $125
Standard / Non-AI Professionals – $150
But Wait – There is More!
We will keep the learning and networking going post-seminar! All are invited to attend a number of Simply Socials scheduled in and around the Monterey area. Registration or attendance at the Monterey Bay Appraisal Seminar is not required to attend these Simply Socials. Come one, come all!
Location: Linda Rose Rooftop Restaurant and Bar (above Hotel 1110)
Address: 1110 Del Monte Avenue
Time: 5:30pm until whenever . . .
Directions: (831) 655-0515 / website
Tips: Dress in layers. Parking is available on side streets.
Location: Cantine Winepub
Address: 8050 Soquel Drive
Time: 5:30pm until whenever . . .
Directions: 831-612-6191 / website
Tips: This is a no host event; purchase your own food & beverages.