2023 Monterey Bay Appraisal Seminar (MBAS)
Registration is Open
BEST VALUE Rates start at just $85!
It’s BACK! Our 2021 and 2022 offerings of the revival of this long-standing networking and educational event were a HUGE success. Don’t miss our 2023 Monterey Bay Appraisal Seminar. This 7-hour synchronous (formerly called virtual classroom) format via ZOOM makes it easy to attend from anywhere – no commute, no parking fees . . . no hassles!
The Monterey Bay Appraisal Seminar (MBAS) originated in 1960 as a joint offering sponsored by the Society of Real Estate Appraisers (SREA), The American Society of Appraisers (ASA) and The American Right of way Association (ARWA). After a hiatus of several years, in 2021 the Northern California Chapter of the Appraisal Institute proudly revitalized this iconic, long-standing education and networking event.
Fannie Mae: Modernizing the Appraisal Process
– Lyle Radke, Senior Director of Collateral Policy for Fannie Mae
Water Issues on the Monterey Peninsula
Hot Topics for Appraisers: How Do We Stay on Top of ALL of Them?
Appraisal Compliance Review: Perspectives from Chief Reviewers
– Kathleen Fahey Poulton, SRA, AI-RRS, Senior Director, Deputy Chief Appraiser, Residential Division, Fremont Bank
– Denis DeSaix, MAI, SRA, Principal, Metrocal Appraisal
– John Hibbard, Principal, The Meridian Valuation Group
– Robert Melfe, AG Appraisal Manager, Rabo Diversified Services
– Ray March, Author of “River in Ruin” A Story of Water on the Monterey Peninsula
– David Stoldt, General Manager, Monterey Peninsula Water District
– Tim Anderson, MAI, The Appraiser’s Advocate
– Tina Morlatt, BREA Investigator
A Special Note About Registering:
- Never attended an Appraisal Institute Offering or not yet updated your password / log-in since October 1, 2019 – follow these simple steps before registering.
- Those seeking credit from states outside of California are strongly encouraged to check directly with their state licensing board(s) to confirm that the specific state(s) will (1) accept synchronous (formerly virtual / classroom education), (2) accepts education from an out-of-state provider and/or (3) offers reciprocal credit if the offering is approved by the CA BREA.
- This synchronous program is approved for 35 points of Appraisal Institute CEC and 7-hours of State Board of Equalization (SBE) Training Credit (CAR #102457) for assessors; an application for 7-hours of BREA CEC has been submitted
- Instruction will be held via Interactive Technology (ZOOM) and is based on a the “live” classroom version that falls under the requirements for synchronous education
- It is the student’s responsibility to have the required equipment – dependable Internet access, computer, webcam and microphone, agrees that attendance will be monitored and to forward their Photo ID/ Driver’s License to the Chapter Office upon completing your online registration.
BEST VALUE RATE: Register by June 16 – Save up to $65!
Appraisal Institute Designated Members, Candidates and Affiliates – $85
Standard / Non-AI Professionals – $95
Register by June 30
Appraisal Institute Designated Members, Candidates and Affiliates – $95
Standard / Non-AI Professionals – $115
Register after June 30
Appraisal Institute Designated Members, Candidates and Affiliates – $125
Standard / Non-AI Professionals – $150