- This event has passed.
2023 Spring Litigation Conference
May 11 @ 8:30 am - 4:45 pm
Seating is extremely limited
LISTEN. PARTICIPATE. LEARN.
Our 2023 Spring Litigation Conference presents advanced topics to appraisers interested in litigation work. This is a chance to sharpen your knowledge and broaden your practice by listening to some of the top experts in the region. We are planning for a “live” / in-person offering and returning to one of our favorite East Bay locations – Preservation Park!
Secure your seat now and join us for 7-hours of invaluable CEC and networking!
– Overlook it at Your Peril!
The Path to Competence in Litigation Work
– The Benefits and Potential Pitfalls
Effective Deposition and Cross Examination Procedures and Techniques
Mind Your Business, Mind Your Stuff!
– The Interplay of Real Estate, Goodwill, and Fixtures & Equipment in Litigation Appraisal
Cases of Consequence
– Legal Authorities that Could Impact Your Appraisal Evidence at Trial
– Andrew J. Turner, Esq., Turner Law
– Robin Thornton, Fennemore Law (formerly Wendel Rosen)
– Richard G. Paddock, Certified Residential Appraiser, Paddock Appraisal Services, Inc.
– Bruce Hahn, MAI, SRA, CCIM, Real Estate Appraiser & Analyst
– Alan Sozio, Partner, Burke Williams & Sorensen, LLP
– Kevin Blair, ASA, Partner, Desmond, Marcello, & Amster
– Marcus Pigrom, ASA, Partner, Desmond, Marcello, & Amster
– Eric Schneider, MAI, SRA, AI-GRS, Senior Appraiser, Jones, Roach, & Caringella
– Steven A. Ellenberg, Esq., Hopkins Carley
– Melissa J. Bach, MAI, CRE, Executive Managing Director, Dispute Analysis & Litigation Support, Cushman & Wakefield
– Kristen Renfro, Esquire, Desmond, Nolan, Livaich & Cunningham
Get all the Details
View Complete Registration Brochure
A Special Note About Registering:
- Never attended an Appraisal Institute Offering or not yet updated your password / log-in since October 1, 2019 – follow these simple steps before registering.
- Those seeking credit from states outside of California are strongly encouraged to check directly with their state licensing board(s) to confirm that the specific state(s) will (1) accept education from an out-of-state provider and/or (2) offers reciprocal credit if the offering is approved by the CA BREA.
- This classroom program is approved for 35 AI CEC points; applications for 7-hours of CA BREA CEC and State Board of Equalization (SBE) CEC for assessors are being submitted.
Become a Conference Sponsor – Learn about the Benefits
Every level of sponsorship includes complimentary attendance
– Valbridge Property Advisors
– MacLane and Company
– Laval and Associates
Secure Your Seat Today!
Appraisal Institute Designated Members, Candidates and Affiliates – $395
Standard / Non-AI Professionals – $450