- This event has passed.
Advanced Land Valuation: Sound Solutions to Perplexing Problems
March 20 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
The ZOOM and Material links were sent around 5:35pm on Thursday, March 16 to registrants who provided their Photo IDs in advance. If you provided your ID and have not yet received the links, be sure to check your junk/spam filters and all of the emails that you use.
Instructor and Developer: Gary DeWeese, MAI
It’s back! Don’t miss this timely 7-hour synchronous seminar presented by the developer who literally wrote the book – Land Valuation: Real Solutions to Complex Issues. While the text is not required for the seminar, it is a great addition to your appraisal library. Order your copy today!
- Use a land residual technique based on a DCF analysis to value land intended for two alternative competing uses (“for rental” apartments versus “for-sale” condominiums)
- Determine the highest and best use of land when the legally permissible, physically possible, and financially feasible use(s) are very uncertain and cannot be determined using traditional methodologies
- Determine land value when the value is a function of a curvilinear relationship with its appropriate unit of comparison (in this case, the value of land suitable for apartment development as a function of density)
- Determine land rent using a nontraditional unit of comparison (in this case land rental value based on average traffic volume)
- Estimate the value of land subject to a long-term ground lease with multiple forms of financial benefits accruing to the landowner
Note: Familiarity with DCF concepts and general valuation approaches, specifically yield capitalization. Basic working knowledge of Excel helpful.
A Special Note About Registering:
- Never attended an Appraisal Institute Offering or not yet updated your password / log-in since October 1, 2019 – follow these simple steps before registering.
- Those seeking credit from states outside of California are strongly encouraged to check directly with their state licensing board(s) to confirm that the specific state(s) will (1) accept synchronous classroom education, (2) accepts education from an out-of-state provider and/or (3) offers reciprocal credit since the offering is approved by the CA BREA.
- This synchronous program is approved for 75 AI CEC points, 7-hours of BREA (#17CP754601266) and State Board of Equalization (SBE) CEC for assessors (CAR# 101417).
- Instruction will be held via Interactive Technology (ZOOM) and is based on the “live” classroom version that falls under the requirements for synchronous education
- It is the student’s responsibility to have the required equipment – dependable Internet access, computer, webcam and microphone, Excel, agrees that attendance will be monitored and to forward their Photo ID/ Driver’s License to the Chapter Office upon completing your online registration.
Still Time to Register
Appraisal Institute Designated Members, Candidates and Affiliates – $245
Standard / Non-AI Professionals – $275