- This event has passed.
Appraising Environmentally Contaminated Properties
January 20, 2022 @ 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
We are kicking off our first chapter workshop of the year with a presentation on “‘Appraising Environmentally Contaminated Properties”. This 3-hour virtual classroom presentation will be presented by Stanley R. Sidor, MAI, Senior Vice President, Manager and Shareholder at Kidder Matthews, Tacoma, WA. Stan will take you through a detailed overview of valuation methods and case studies outlining the complex nature and valuation of environmentally contaminted properties.
- Risk and Stigma
- Diminuition of Value
- Remediation Cost and Lifecycle
- Types and Extent of Contamination
- Liability and Defenses to Liability
- Appraisal Methodology
- Real World Examples
Stay after our workshop and join us for a brief chapter meeting that includes presentation of designation certificates to newly designated members, awarding local cash scholarships and the Installation of our 2022 Leadership Team – plus receive an update on Chapter, Regional and National Appraisal Institute issues. Active Appraisal Institute embers will select their delegates to the Chapter’s 2023 Nominating Committee. Then, enjoy great company, feast on scrumptious “virtual” complimentary appetizers & beverages (yes, you prepare your own!) as you network with peers, friends and perhaps even prospective clients!
Those registered for the January 20th workshop do not need to register separately for the Chapter Business Meeting and Installation Celebration.
All are welcome to attend this first Chapter Meeting of the New Year!
Special Notes About Registering
- Never attended an Appraisal Institute offering or not yet updated your password / log-in since October 19? Follow these simple steps before attempting to register
- Those seeking credit from states outside of California are strongly encouraged to check directly with their state licensing board(s) to confirm that the specific state(s) will (1) accept virtual / online education, (2) accepts educatin from an out-of-state provider and/or (3) offers reciprocal credit if the offering is approved by the CA BREA. Good News! We are hearing that more and more states are now accepting reciprocal CEC; Washington, Idaho, Alaska and Hawaii my be amoung them.
- Instruction will be held via Interactive Technology (ZOOM) and is based on the “live” classroom version that talls under the temporary exemption for virtual / online classroom education due to COVID / SIP restrictions.
- This virtual classroom program is approved for 15 points of Appraisal Institute CEC; applications for 3-hours of California BREA and SBE Training Credit are being submitted.
- It is the student’s responsibility to have the required equipment – dependable Internet access, computer, webcam, speakers and microphone, agrees that attendance will be monitored, to forward his/her Photo ID / Driver’s License to the Chapter Office upon completing their online registration and to accept education related emails from the Northern California Chapter.
Still Time to Save: Register by January 15 – Save up to $15
Appraisal Institute Designated Members, Candidates and Affiliates – $40
Standard / Non-AI Professionals – $45
Register after January 15
Appraisal Institute Designated Members, Candidates and Affiliates – $45
Standard / Non-AI Professionals – $55