Course: General Appraiser Income Approach / Part 1
March 4 @ 8:00 am - March 7 @ 5:00 pm
Only scheduled LIVE West Coast offering for 2024!
Instructor: Gary S. DeWeese, MAI
After a brief review and introduction, General Appraiser Income Approach/Part 1 opens with a graphic treatment of the time value of money, the six financial functions of a dollar, and important associated concepts. A thorough, detailed analysis of gross income including leases and the various expenses appropriately deducted from gross income follows, with realistic case studies of several income property types. Direct capitalization is then presented using overall capitalization rates, band of investment, and residual techniques. Substantial class time is devoted to practicing the taught concepts to prepare participants for the exam.
- Expand competencies in performing income and expense analysis
- Gain a foundation in direct capitalization techniques and applications
- Extract and apply rates from the market
- Identify fundamentals of risk and investment analysis
- Expand competency in compound interest theory and calculations
- Forecast revenues
- Estimate expenses
- Value partial interests
Still Time to Register
Appraisal Institute Designated Members, Candidates and Affiliates – $725
Standard / Non-AI Professionals – $825
Get ready for the next step! Another LIVE BE/QE offering is coming to the Bay Area!
Course: General Appraiser Income Approach Part 2 – May 20-23 – Learn more