Course: Quantitative Analysis
September 27 - October 1
We are returning to the classroom! Watch for registrtation to open very soon.
Instructor: Gary DeWeese, MAI
This course focuses on the practical application of quantitative tools for analyzing data, drawing appropriate conclusions from datasets, and presenting both the analysis and the conclusions in ways that enhance communication with appraisal clients. It reviews and furthers the application of basic statistical measures (mean, median, mode, standard deviation, etc.) and spends a good deal of time on graphical and regression analysis.
Central goals of the course include showing participants how to understand the reliability and validity of data used to draw conclusions as well as providing the knowledge needed to support the conclusions others may draw from the same or similar datasets. Presentation and activities make extensive use of real-world appraisal applications and are aimed at furthering an appraiser’s ability to provide credible analysis of real property-related issues.
- Properly apply and explain statistical methods such as simple and multiple regression analysis using market information
- Critique statistical applications
- Identify how to incorporate statistical analysis in valuation reports
- Identify how to evaluate the reliability of various types of data used in valuation
- Use the language of quantitative analysis properly
- Use graphs to present data and analysis
- Identify research design issues such as hypothesis construction, data reliability and validity, and sampling issues