- This event has passed.
2021 Annual Fall Conference
October 15, 2021 @ 8:00 am - 4:45 pm
2021 marks the 71st consecutive year that the Northern California Chapter has presented its award-winning Annual Fall Conference.
Fall Conference is the real estate appraisal profession’s longest-running and highest-rated one-day continuing education & networking event on the West Coast. Our conference consistently draws over 250 participants and features the real estate profession’s “most in-the-know” presenters. Our topics will keep you informed of the latest developments that affect your profession, your profitability, your business – your future.
The Great Disruption: Top 5 Trends in a Post-Pandemic Economy
Dr. Ralph B. McLaughlin
Chief Economist and Senior Vice President of Analytics
Sandra Adomatis, SRA, 2022 Appraisal Institute National Vice President, Adomatis Appraisal Service
Jordan Levine, Chief Economist, C.A.R.
Dawn Molitor-Gennrich, SRA, AI-RRS, Molitor-Gennrich Consulting, Inc.
Darwin Ernst, SRA, AI-RRS, Homestreet Bank
Charles H. Packer (“Chuck”), Estate and Trust Attorney, Hopkins & Carley
Norman C. Hulberg, MAI, Senior Managing Director, Valbridge Property Advisors – Northern California
Kerry Jorgensen, MAI
Misty Ray, MAI, AI-GRS
Shelly Tanaka, MAI, AI-GRS
Brian Rapela, MAI, Managing Partner, Joseph Blake & Associates
Robert Sammons, Senior Director, Bay Area Research, Cushman & Wakefield
Greg Matter, SIOR, Executive Managing Director, JLL
Joel Woodmass, Research Manager, Norcal Industrial, JLL
Denis A. DeSaix, MAI, SRA, Principal, Metrocal Appraisal
Jonathan J. Schrader, MAI, AI-GRS, F&M Bank
Douglas Potts MAI, AI-GRS, Founder, Delta Real Estate Analytics LLC
Kathryn Sturgis-Bright, MAI, Senior Commercial Review Appraiser, Appraisal Review Department – West, Zions Bancorporation
Breakout Sessions include
- Appraisals for the IRS
- Evaluations & Validations: Tools that Need to be in Your Toolbox
- Snapshots of Residential Markets: Now & What’s Next?
- Commercial Market Update and Outlook
- Ask the Experts (Residential)
- Ask the Experts (Commercial)
- Residential Fundamentals: Home Measuring Standards and Top Ten Common Appraisal Errors
- From the Trenches: Commercial Valuation Fundamentals
Special notes about registering
- Never attended an Appraisal Institute offering or not yet updated your password / log-in since October 1, 2019 – follow these simple steps before registering.
- Those seeking credit from states outside of California are strongly encouraged to check directly with their state licensing board(s) to confirm that the specific state(s) will (1) accept virtual / classroom education, (2) accepts education from an out-of-state provider and/or (3) offers reciprocal credit if the offering is approved by the CA BREA. Some states may require pre-approval applications or have reporting requirements that the chapter cannot comply with.
- This virtual program is approved for 6-hours (30 points) of Appraisal Institute CEC and 6-hours of State Board of Equalization (SBE) for assessors (CAR# 102195). An application for 6-hours of California BREA CEC has been submitted.
- Instruction will be held via Interactive Technology (ZOOM) and is based on the “live” classroom version that falls under the temporary exemption for virtual / classroom education due to COVID / SIP restrictions.
- It is the student’s responsibility to have the required equipment – dependable Internet access, computer, webcam and microphone, agrees that attendance will be monitored and to to forward their Photo ID/ Driver’s License to the Chapter Office upon completing your online registration.
Save up to $40 – EARLY REGISTRATION DISCOUNT RATE – $225 per person
Don’t miss your chance to save! Applies to registrations received between Saturday, September 25 and Friday, October 8.
Standard Conference Rate – $265 per person
Applies to registrations received after Friday, October 8.
NEW! In-Person BONUS Networking Option for 2021
Appraisers just want to have FUN! We are always looking for ways to exceed your expectations and improve this 71-year old event! While we cannot hold the actual conference in person, several of our Branch Chapters are holding informal, in-person “Simply Socials” following the conclusion of the conference. No added fee to attend. No reservation needed. Just show up to “Meet and Greet”. All are welcome and invited to join us. Please check with the facility relative to COVID protocols. These in-person will start at 5:30pm (but don’t be afraid to show up early – as long as you don’t skip out of your afternoon breakout before the ending time or you’ll miss out on your CEC) and they will last until . . . well, whenever!
- Kidder Mathews
- LIA Liability Administrators and Insurance Services
- Laval and Associates
- Valbridge Property Advisors l Northern California
Learn More About Sponsorship Opportunities
– Benefits include Complimentary Attendance for Bronze through Diamond Levels!