NEW! 2024-2025 7-Hour National USPAP Update Course
February 16, 2024 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Approved for 7-hours of California BREA CEC (#23CP764601560)
A synchronous offering via ZOOM
Instructor(s): Greg Migdale, AI-GRS
This required 7-hour continuing education course, copyrighted by The Appraisal Foundation, focuses on USPAP requirements for ethical behavior and competent performance by appraisers. The new USPAP publication is effective January 1, 2024.
- New case studies and tools are provided to help you learn how to better navigate USPAP in order to solve problems in your daily appraisal practice, and a USPAP Reference Manual is included with the course handbook.
- The course will cover two new Advisory Opinions related to fair housing and they are AO 39 and AO 40.
- The course will help you gain competency in USPAP, and it will help those subject to state licensing or certification and continuing education requirements imposed by professional organizations, client groups, or employers gain competency as well.
Materials: What’s Provided and What’s Required?
Upon registration and available in your Appraisal Institute MyAccount, students will receive links to downloads (or print copies if they select “print”) for the following materials:
– Student Handbook (74 pages)
– USPAP Guidance and Reference Manual (360 pages)
Students are also required to have a copy of the NEW 2024 Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP) Standards 1-10 (effective January 1, 2024). It is not included in the Student Handbook nor in USPAP Guidance and Reference Manual. Therefore, the 2024 USPAP Standards 1-10 must be purchased directly from The Appraisal Foundation. The former FREE version of Standards 1-4 will not suffice.
Students may choose to purchase a digital or print version from The Appraisal Foundation Store.
– USPAP interactive digital version: USPAP Electronic PDF Edition
– USPAP print version: USPAP Print Edition
BEST VALUE Rates: Register by December 29
Appraisal Institute Designated Members, Candidates and Affiliates – $165
Standard / Non-AI Professionals – $195
Register by January 26
Appraisal Institute Designated Members, Candidates and Affiliates – $200
Standard / Non-AI Professionals – $230
Register after January 26
Appraisal Institute Designated Members, Candidates and Affiliates – $245
Standard / Non-AI Professionals – $275
NOTE: Appraisers must successfully complete the 7-Hour National USPAP Continuing Education Course every 2 years to meet the USPAP continuing education requirement. Participants can take the 15-hour USPAP course, but it will only count for hours toward his or her state’s continuing education requirement; the 15-hour program will not meet the USPAP continuing education requirements.