Rural Valuation Basics
April 14 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Register by March 31 and Save up to $70!
This offering is successfully renewed for 7-hours of CA BREA CEC (#18CP754601342)
Instructor: Michael V. Tankersley, MAI, SRA, AI-GRS, AI-RRS, ARA, R/W-AC
This 7-hour synchronous offering is designed to provide an overview of rural property valuation. The primary emphasis is on the methods and techniques needed to value a rural property that includes land and improvements. This material would be of value to any appraiser, residential or general, who is interested in rural properties.
- Identifying the characteristics of rural properties that affect value.
- Analyzing information on properties with different land mixes.
- Using soil mapping tools.
- Identifying the best data available in markets that have limited data.
- Developing the sales comparison approach using land and building mix analyses.
- Identifying data sources for rural properties.
- Analyzing properties with multiple improvements.
Pre-Class Assignment: After you register for this class, please go to your Education and Events page for details on what you must complete BEFORE class begins.
To access your Education and Events page, log on to the Appraisal Institute website at https://ai.appraisalinstitute.org/eweb (click on the three horizontal lines to the left of the AI logo and select “My AI Account” from the drop-down menu).
A Special Note About Registering:
- Never attended an Appraisal Institute Offering or not yet updated your password / log-in since October 1, 2019 – follow these simple steps before registering.
- Those seeking credit from states outside of California are strongly encouraged to check directly with their state licensing board(s) to confirm that the specific state(s) will (1) accept synchronous classroom education, (2) accepts education from an out-of-state provider and/or (3) offers reciprocal credit if the offering is approved by the CA BREA.
- This synchronous program is approved for 35 AI CEC points, 7-hours of State Board of Equalization (SBE) CEC for assessors (CAR #102138) and renewed for 7-hours of CA BREA CEC (#18CP754601342).
- Instruction will be held via Interactive Technology (ZOOM) and is based on the “live” classroom version that falls under the requirements for synchronous education
- It is the student’s responsibility to have the required equipment – dependable Internet access, computer, webcam and microphone, Excel, agrees that attendance will be monitored and to forward their Photo ID/ Driver’s License to the Chapter Office upon completing your online registration.
Register by March 31 – Save up to $70!
Appraisal Institute Designated Members, Candidates and Affiliates – $225
Standard / Non-AI Professionals – $250
Register after March 31
Appraisal Institute Designated Members, Candidates and Affiliates – $275
Standard / Non-AI Professionals – $295