- This event has passed.
Seminar: Contract or Effective Rent – Finding the REAL Rent
January 14, 2022 @ 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
Instructor: Gary DeWeese, MAI
In this 4-hour virtual seminar, enhance your valuation analyses and broaden your consulting portfolio by understanding the complexities of calculating effective rent. You will gain a thorough understanding of effective rent and its importance in lease negotiations and valuation assignments by working through case studies featuring common circumstances involving effective rent. Strengthen your analyses by evaluating the way effective rent impacts property value. Recognize how the integration of the effective rent measurement is used by market participants (landlords and tenants) for leases involving landlord concessions and non-market-based provisions in all three approaches to value. At the end of the seminar, you will have a take-away model to use immediately when incorporating effective rent into your valuation or consulting work.
- Define effective rent and distinguish between nominal rent and effective rent.
- Identify how calculating effective rent impacts property value.
- Recognize how familiarity with effective rent implications helps appraisers consult with landlords and tenants in lease negotiations.
- Identify how integration of the effective rent measurement impacts all three approaches to value.
- Evaluate proper methods of calculating effective rent and apply the conclusions in each approach to value.
A Special Note About Registering:
- Never attended an Appraisal Institute Offering or not yet updated your password / log-in since October 1, 2019 – follow these simple steps before registering.
- Those seeking credit from states outside of California are strongly encouraged to check directly with their state licensing board(s) prior to registering to confirm that their specific state(s) will (1) accept virtual / online education, (2) accepts education from an out-of-state provider and/or (3) offers reciprocal credit since the offering is approved by the CA BREA.
- Instruction will be held via Interactive Technology (ZOOM) and is based on the “live” classroom version that falls under the temporary exemption for virtual / online education due to COVID / SIP restrictions.
- This virtual program is approved for Appraisal Institute (20 Points) and 4-hours of CA BREA CEC and 4-hours of CA State Board of Equalization (SBE) training credit.
- It is the student’s responsibility to have the required equipment – dependable Internet access, computer, webcam and microphone, agrees that attendance will be monitored, to forward their Photo ID/ Driver’s License to the Chapter Office upon submitting registration and to accept education related emails from the Northern California Chapter.
Standard / Non-AI Professionals – $145