- This event has passed.
Seminar: Federal and California Statutory and Regulatory Laws (4-Hours)
December 6, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Mandatory Requirement for Initial State Licensing / Certification (QE) and Renewal (CE)
Includes the required open-book exam.
Developer & Instructor(s): Dawn Molitor-Gennrich, SRA, AI-RRS
Appraisers recognize that they have regulatory obligations but understanding which ones apply when doing federally related and real estate related lender work is challenging. A review of sanctions and disciplinary actions taken against appraisers by the Bureau of Real Estate Appraisers makes it clear that many details and nuances of the appraiser laws and regulations are being misunderstood. Common, unintentional errors impact both the reputations of individual appraisers as well as confidence in the competency and ethics of the appraisal profession. This seminar is designed to help you recognize and understand the laws and regulations most important to appraisers practicing in California.
A Special Note About Registering:
- Never attended an Appraisal Institute offering or not yet updated your password / log-in since October 1, 2019 – follow these simple steps before registering.
- Those seeking credit from states outside of California are strongly encouraged to check directly with their state licensing board(s) to confirm that the specific state(s) will (1) accept virtual / classroom education, (2) accepts education from an out-of-state provider and/or (3) offers reciprocal credit since the offering is approved by the CA BREA. Some states may require pre-approval applications or have reporting requirements that the chapter cannot comply with.
- This virtual program is approved for 4-hours of Appraisal Institute, BREA and State Board of Equalization (SBE) CEC.
- Instruction will be held via Interactive Technology (ZOOM) and is based on the “live” classroom version that falls under the temporary exemption for virtual / classroom education due to COVID / SIP restrictions.
- It is the student’s responsibility to have the required equipment – dependable Internet access, computer, webcam and microphone, agrees that attendance will be monitored and to to forward their Photo ID/ Driver’s License to the Chapter Office upon completing your online registration.
Register after November 5
Appraisal Institute Designated Members, Candidates and Affiliates – $135
Standard / Non-AI Professionals – $145