- This event has passed.
Seminar: Federal and California Statutory and Regulatory Laws (4-Hours) – POSTPONED
June 26, 2023 @ 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
This originally scheduled offering is being postponed to mid-late August (exact date TBD) to allow for material updates. All current registrants are being cancelled and issued full tuition refunds.
Mandatory Requirement for Initial State Licensing / Certification (QE) and Renewal (CE)
Includes the required open-book exam
Instructor: Jacinto A. Munoz, MAI, SRA, AI-GRS, AI-RRS
A synchronous 1/2-day afternoon offering via ZOOM.
Appraisers recognize that they have regulatory obligations but understanding which ones apply when doing federally related and real estate related lender work is challenging. A review of sanctions and disciplinary actions taken against appraisers by the Bureau of Real Estate Appraisers makes it clear that many details and nuances of the appraiser laws and regulations are being misunderstood. Common, unintentional errors impact both the reputations of individual appraisers as well as confidence in the competency and ethics of the appraisal profession. This seminar is designed to help you recognize and understand the laws and regulations most important to appraisers practicing in California.
– Learn about the revised & reduced AQB RP Appraiser Qualification Criteria effective May 2018
– Understand the context of and recent amendments to the California “Laws” & “Regs”
– Find out about your new “mini-resume” on the BREA website
– Understand BREA’s new & revised definitions that affect your daily appraisal practice
– Become familiar with the new Federal & California Appraisal Management Company (AMC) Laws & Regs
– Look out for these BREA laws that result in immediate license suspension