- This event has passed.
Seminar: Valuation by Comparison: Residential Analysis & Logic
September 24, 2021 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Instructor: Dawn Molitor-Gennrich, SRA, AI-RRS
Real estate markets and residential appraisal requirements have changed significantly due to market volatility and increased oversight, which has left residential appraisers searching for new strategies to handle their appraisal assignments. This seminar revisits valuation fundamentals and illustrates why you need data collection and analytical skills more than ever. The seminar uses and is based on the 2018 updated 2nd edition of Valuation by Comparison. You’ll learn why clients need an appraisal, why you must have appropriate market data, and why it is imperative that you know your market. You’ll discover how to find the information you need in markets where data is scarce, inconsistent, or misleading. And you’ll explore techniques to accurately interpret and then anticipate the actions of buyers and sellers in today’s market. Whether you are an experienced appraiser or newer to the profession, you’ll learn about a variety of approaches and resources that are available for gleaning indications of market value, and you’ll better understand which items require adjustment and which items can be ignored.
All students are required to have the following text accessible during instruction:
Valuation by Comparison, 2nd Edition
This text can be purchased directly through the Appraisal Institute’s online store.
A Special Note About Registering:
- Never attended an Appraisal Institute Offering or not yet updated your password / log-in since October 1, 2019 – follow these simple steps before registering.
- Those seeking credit from states outside of California are strongly encouraged to check directly with their state licensing board(s) to confirm that the specific state(s) will (1) accept virtual / online education, (2) accepts education from an out-of-state provider and/or (3) offers reciprocal credit since the offering is approved by the CA BREA.
- Instruction will be held via Interactive Technology (ZOOM) and is based on the “live” classroom version that falls under the temporary exemption for virtual / online education due to COVID / SIP restrictions.
- This virtual program is approved for (35 points) 7-hours of Appraisal Institute CEC and 7-hours of California BREA CEC.
- It is the student’s responsibility to have the required equipment – dependable Internet access, computer, webcam and microphone, agrees that attendance will be monitored and to forward their Photo ID/ Driver’s License to the Chapter Office upon completing your online registration.
Appraisal Institute Designated Members, Candidates and Affiliates – $175
Standard / Non-AI Professionals – $225