- This event has passed.
“Virtual” Course: Business Practices and Ethics
August 19, 2021 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm$275
Instructor: Stephanie Coleman, MAI, SRA, AI-GRS, AI-RRS
Business Practices and Ethics is an important course that provides information about standards and ethics requirements for valuers in general and, more specifically, for valuers who belong to the Appraisal Institute. Through discussion questions and examples, the class compares behavior and actions that illustrate violations of the Code of Professional Ethics, and participants learn how referrals can be made. Participants are also introduced to the Appraisal Institute Guide Notes to the Standards of Professional Practice and use these Guide Notes to resolve everyday appraisal practice problems. At the end of the course, they learn about common errors in appraisal reports and review reports, and they respond to questions about challenges that arise in appraisal practice such as requests for updates and requests to change or add intended users. These are common business practice issues that appraisers encounter in various assignments, including mortgage lending, litigation, and property tax appeal. Other real-life scenarios in the course illustrate less common business practice issues such as an appraiser’s obligation when illegal or criminal behavior is observed.
A Special Note About Registering:
- Never attended an Appraisal Institute Offering or not yet updated your password / log-in since October 1, 2019 – follow these simple steps before registering.
- Those seeking credit from states outside of California are strongly encouraged to check directly with their state licensing board(s) to confirm that the specific state(s) will (1) accept virtual classroom education, (2) accepts education from an out-of-state provider and/or (3) offers reciprocal credit since the offering is approved by the CA BREA and is sponsored by the Northern California Chapter.
- Instruction will be held via Interactive Technology (ZOOM) and is based on the “live” classroom version that falls under the temporary exemption for virtual / online education due to COVID / SIP restrictions.
- This virtual program is approved for 6-hours of California BREA CEC.
- It is the student’s responsibility to have the required equipment – dependable Internet access, computer, webcam and microphone, agrees that attendance will be monitored and to to forward their Photo ID/ Driver’s License to the Chapter Office upon completing your online registration.
Standard / Non-AI Professionals – $275
- August 19, 2021
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Event Category:
October 10 - October 12