As a supporter of the real estate profession, we pride ourselves on helping our members further their careers. We promote employment opportunities and appraiser “wanted” listings within and beyond our local area.
Want to post an employment listing? Simply send your listing to our Chapter Office preferably in a MS Word docx format or typed directly in your email; no pdfs. Listings are complimentary for Appraisal Institute Designated Members, Candidates for Designation, and Affiliates; a $40 fee applies for non-AI professionals. We reserve the right to reject or edit classified ads. The Appraisal Institute assumes no responsibility for the reliability of ads other than to publish them.
Real Estate Appraiser Position Available at Kidder Mathews
Kidder Mathews Valuation Advisory is looking for smart, entrepreneurial, and highly-motivated individuals to work as appraisers in our San Jose, Redwood Shores, San Francisco, Pleasanton, Sacramento, Roseville, and Reno offices. We offer the highest compensation package in the industry, along with a full spectrum of benefits including health insurance; a 401k retirement plan; payment of Appraisal Institute dues and BREA fees; and an education stipend for AI Candidates. Each office also provides full administrative and technical support in a professional environment.
- State of California AG certification and/or Appraisal Institute MAI designation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational, math, and analytical abilities
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Argus
- Highly professional image and demeanor
Kidder Mathews is the largest, independent commercial real estate firm on the West Coast, with over 900 real estate professionals and staff in 22 offices in California, Washington, Oregon, Arizona, and Nevada. We provide a complete range of appraisal, consulting, brokerage, property management, project & construction management, and sustainability services. Recently, Kidder Mathews was named a Business Journal “Best Workplace” and a Bay Area News Group “Top Workplace”, and has also made the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing, privately-held companies for four of the past five years.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a résumé to email@example.com.
Valbridge Property Advisors – Northern California Seeking Market Researcher
Valbridge Property Advisors | Northern California is part of a nationwide commercial property valuation firm with over 80 offices. Valbridge Property Advisors | Northern California continues to be one of largest appraisal organizations in Northern California, with offices in Silicon Valley, East Bay, and Sacramento/Central Valley. As a leader in the field of commercial real estate appraisal, Valbridge Property Advisors | Northern California presents challenging opportunities for leading-edge professionals.
Valbridge Property Advisors | Northern California has an immediate opening for market researchers in our Silicon Valley (San Jose) and East Bay (San Ramon) office. The market researcher position provides an excellent opportunity for experience and potential advancement within the commercial appraisal industry.
The market researcher will assist analysts, trainees, and licensed commercial appraisers in the appraisal process including gathering and organizing subject property and market data, data entry into our extensive database, creation and editing of appraisal reports, and preparing exhibits such as site plans and maps. This position provides an entry-level opportunity to grow from market researcher to appraisal analyst, and later to trainee and commercial real estate appraiser. New professionals in the commercial real estate field who choose Valbridge Property Advisors have a unique opportunity to be mentored on the job and to develop relationships with local real estate professionals as they work toward developing their appraisal career.
Applicants must be detail-oriented, analytical, and extremely organized. The position requires desire to learn, communication skills, above average math and writing skills, a professional demeanor, good telephone etiquette, and the ability to work with minimal supervision after initial training. Strong computer skills are a must.
This position is full-time and does not require experience, though some real estate or other research-related experience is preferred. The right candidate will be highly motivated to succeed in the Commercial Real Estate Appraisal field and will be required to eventually obtain a State of California Certified General (Commercial) Real Estate Appraisal License.
One of the main reasons professionals join us is to collaborate with some of the best minds in the business. If you check our website, you will see that most of our Appraisers and Analysts have been with us for many years.
Valbridge Property Advisors/Northern California offers excellent earning potential and a stable, professional work environment. Medical and 401(k) plans are available.
A bachelor’s degree is required by the State of California to obtain a Certified General Real Estate Appraisal license, therefore completion of your degree is a must.
– Dependable Vehicle
– Clean driving record
– Vehicle Insurance
Interested in learning more about commercial real estate appraisal as a career, or what it’s like working at Valbridge Property Advisors? Visit our Careers page.
Please send your resume and cover letter to our Operations Manager, Ana Bonifacio firstname.lastname@example.org
San Francisco City & County Assessment Appeal Boards
The AAB resolves legal and value assessment issues between the Assessor’s office and property owners. Board vacancies are as follows: Board 1 – two; Board 2 – four; and Board 3 – five.
Hearings are quasi-judicial, conducted in a manner similar to a court setting, with evidence and testimony presented by the parties. The Board then evaluates the evidence and testimony and renders its decision.
To be eligible for seat appointment, you must have a minimum of five years professional experience in California as either a: (1) public accountant; (2) real estate broker; (3) attorney; or (4) property appraiser accredited by a nationally recognized organization or certified by either the Office of Real Estate Appraiser or the State Board of Equalization.
Opportunity: experienced Bay Area licensed/accredited appraisers to participate in determining fair market assessable value for properties in San Francisco. The cases brought before the Boards can be some of the most interesting and challenging real estate valuations for all types of properties: land, homes, high rise condos, commercial-retail, office, hotels—and special purpose assets, such as professional sports facilities and waterfront possessory interests.
Assessment Appeals Board—Purpose: to provide taxpayers of San Francisco a means to appeal their property tax assessments. The Board members serve on a scheduled, rotating basis during the month on a part time basis—compensated at $125 for a morning or afternoon session. Alternate members are available.
Procedure: After an application is filed a hearing is scheduled to allow both the taxpayer and the Assessor an opportunity to present evidence upholding their opinions of the value of the property. A panel of three Assessment Appeals Board members or a Hearing officer will listen to testimony, review documents and question the participants. The panel or hearing officer then evaluates the evidence and decides what the assessed value should be.
Participants: Depending on the size and complexity of the property, the applicant may appear, as well as engaged professional appraisers and/or attorneys. The Assessors’s office is represented by staff and/or senior appraisers and on occasion a City Attorney. Board members do not have to reside in San Francisco, but should be knowledgeable of City real estate trends.
Appraisal Research Analyst – BRI
REPORTS TO: Appraisal Supervisor
This is an entry-level training position for those interested in a career in real estate appraisal. The day-to-day duties of this position utilize a variety of different skill sets while assisting the appraisal team in research and analysis for valuation purposes. This position deals with all property types in a wide variety of markets and locations, requires thorough attention to detail, and significant critical thinking.
This position is a non-exempt, full time position at the Sacramento Office location.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES – MINIMUM SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be proficient in basic computer use (Microsoft Office, including Excel, Access and SharePoint).
- Flexible and adaptable to a fluid, changing, fast-paced, and dynamic environment.
- Performs well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Strong time management skills.
- Detail-oriented with excellent follow-through.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Ability to maintain professionalism while communicating with difficult situations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong math and business acumen
- Precise attention to detail
- Strong analytical abilities
- Persuasive writing skills
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Organizational and time-management skills
Detail-oriented critical thinker who enjoys puzzles and problem solving. The capacity to analyze complex and abstract problems using logical market-based approaches is vital to this position. Furthermore, strong persuasive and technical writing is essential for articulating solutions in a convincing and relatable manner to clients that may not be familiar with the complexities of the appraisal problem. A person well-suited to this position must be comfortable with managing their own schedule to meet time-sensitive deadlines while working both independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA or BS) from a four-year college or university is required.
- Previous experience in real estate or related field desired, but not required
- Appraisal Research Analysts are supported and encouraged to pursue the course curriculum required to become a California Certified General Appraiser (AG) and further designations thereafter.
- None required
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to sit, stand or walk for 6-8hrs per day.
- Ability move from sitting to standing positions effortlessly.
- Ability to type and operate a computer consistently throughout the workday.
- Ability to use headphones and earpiece on a regular basis.
- Regularly see details of objects that are less than a few feet away.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Ability to frequently bend to file and maintain files.
- Ability to occasionally lift 5-10 pounds.
- Ability to travel through California
Applications and questions can be submitted to email@example.com.
Openings for Senior Appraisers
The Santa Clara County Assessor’s Office has job openings for Senior Appraisers.
Please go to the County Employment Website to apply. We encourage all qualified and interested appraisers to apply, it will be available until February 3, 2023 at 11:59 PM.
All applications must be submitted electronically online at:
Certified General Real Estate Appraisers – San Jose, San Ramon, Central Valley and Sacramento
San Jose, San Ramon, Central Valley and Sacramento
Bring your expertise and knowledge and we’ll provide you the earning potential, data access, services, equipment, support, and work environment you need for a successful career with professional growth and personal satisfaction. Valbridge Property Advisors | Northern California is part of a nationwide organization consisting of 80+ office locations. Our regional organization as part of the national firm is locally owned and after 43 years continues to be one of largest appraisal organizations in Northern California, with offices in Silicon Valley, East Bay, Sacramento (including Central Valley). As a leader in the field of commercial real estate appraisal, Valbridge Property Advisors | Northern California presents growth opportunities for leading-edge professionals.
We are looking for licensed Commercial Certified Appraisers to join our team. The ideal candidate will need to be self-motivated with experience in appraising a variety of property types including retail, industrial, multifamily, and/or agricultural. Most appraisals are performed independently, however, help and guidance will be provided for difficult assignments by senior management. Each candidate’s credentials will be considered based on their experience, education and knowledge base. A minimum of two years of full-time commercial experience is preferred.
- Clearly Defined Fee Splits
- Support staff to aid with sales, research, and operations
- Health, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- Excellent 401(k) plan with matching
- Education and Networking Reimbursement
- Possess a State of California Certified General appraiser license in good standing.
- Proven working experience as a commercial real estate appraiser.
- Strong attention to detail, analytical, research, and communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook and various mapping programs.
- Willingness to learn proprietary software platforms.
- A positive, professional attitude in the work environment and in the field.
SEND RESUME TO
Licensed Agricultural Real Estate Appraiser – San Joaquin Valley & Northern California Appraiser
Peoples Company, a leading national Agricultural Real Estate services provider, is seeking an experienced Certified General Appraiser to execute appraisals of agricultural assets throughout Central San Joaquin Valley, Northern San Joaquin Valley, Sacramento Valley, and surrounding agricultural areas. This is an excellent opportunity for entrepreneurial candidates to expand their skill set and knowledge base while working for a growing company focused on providing innovative resources and solutions to the agricultural real estate market.
This role will focus on providing appraisal services for agricultural assets; including annual valuations for institutional investors (full and restricted appraisals), lender and single-asset appraisals, appraisal reviews, and consulting services. Qualified candidates should have strong analytical, task management, and communication skills; attention to detail; a desire to learn; and a proactive and positive attitude.
- Efficient preparation of accurate appraisal reports delivered on-time
- Bidding and responding to client inquiries
- Utilizing our proprietary agricultural property database
- Assist with new client business development efforts
- Manage appraisal job tracking and payment systems from bidding through completion and payment
- Foster strong client relationships by interacting with clients and all other stakeholders in a professional manner
- Maintain confidentiality of client information and proprietary Peoples Company systems
- Contribute to white papers, market update reports, and other company outreach
- Participate in our internal Quality Control review process
- Other tasks and responsibilities as required
- California Certified General appraisal license in good standing
- Five or more years of appraisal experience
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Mindset for driving efficiency and innovation through the use of technology
- Detail-oriented, with initiative and the ability to prioritize tasks and remain organized while executing and managing multiple projects with deadlines simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Professional, customer service-oriented, positive attitude
- Ability to travel throughout the region for appraisal engagements
- Ability to take and give constructive feedback
- Can work effectively on a team as well as independently with minimal supervision
- Advanced Excel and Word skills and proficiency with other Microsoft Office tools
- Proficiency with GIS mapping programs and other web-based applications
None at the present time
See your ad here!